Tuesday 5 April 2011

Feed Me


So, my previous posts are looking at questions surrounding who I am. Read here, here and here if you haven't yet.

Next question to ask myself: What do you do?

I believe in following my dreams and doing what I am passionate about drives me forward and gives that bubble of excitement each day. I refuse to succumb to the pessimistic outlook that you have to make do. I will not allow my dreams to be squandered by the voices who say you need to face up reality. Reality can and should be a wonderful thing. Too many days of saying to myself I can't and I'm not good enough. No.

When I was in Auckland, I was running a seafood restaurant. I woke up each day excited about going to work. I worked a lot of hours but never felt tired because I LOVED my job. I am passionate about managing restaurants. I love to see people enjoying great food and great service. I love the family feeling a good team gets when working together in such intense work environments. You become close knit. You work hard and party hard and create great friendships.

I've lost some of that passion. I'm not working where I want to be, now I'm back in England. I appreciate where I work and am very thankful for the security it brings, but it isn't the passion fueler in my life. I will be changing that though. I will not procrastinate any longer.

I am a writer too. Writing brings forth passion, imagination, inspiration. When I write I feel my inner self bursting forth wanting to reach out and grasp people at their deepest core. When I write I want to hook people and engage them in a whole new way.

I do want to get published and have two things I'm writing, which I hope I will see on a bookshelf one day. I grapple with self belief and motivation though. I don't take my writing skills seriously and allow my depressed mentality (the Intruder) to quash the belief and passion. Again, I will not procrastinate.

What do I do? I like to inspire and pass on my passion. Whether it's through written word or the food on your plate, I want you to feel enriched.

4 comments:

  1. And your writing is that...
    A passion.
    An inspiration and an absolute pleasure to read.
    You are writing in such a healing way, and that makes your blog, one of a kind.
    I truly mean that.
    You challenge yourself and then articulate yourself so poetically.
    I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Ditto to your blog. It was a beautifully random find.

    I am very challenged by your 'Anorexia and my Body' post. Mulling it over. Can't quite put my finger on it just yet. I do hope you are in less pain.

    P.S Your photography is awesome!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I believe in following my dreams and doing what I am passionate about"
    Tom, that's what made you such a brilliant member of our team, and it's why we understood when you needed to move on. Stay passionate - continue to challenge - keep writing. It's not just what you do, it's a facet of who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tim. Sorry for being so rubbish and not catching up with you!

    I'm loving what's happening with Sanctum - it's really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete