Monday 11 April 2011

Being Human. Human Being.


I don't care about the mistakes you've made, which make you feel ashamed. I don't care if your hair's out of place, your mascara's run or you have food on your face. I don't care if you laugh too loud, cry too easily, change your mind everyday and don't know,at times, what to say.

I don't care if you gain weight or lose weight. I don't care if you get a spot on the end of your nose. I don't care if you accidentally tuck your skirt into your underwear.

I don't care if you know all the characters in Eastenders, but have trouble naming five people in the Government (well, maybe I do a little). I don't care if you listen to heavy metal, punk, rap, country, pop, rock, blues, jazz or even Enya. I don't care if you watch the news, Sex and the City, Big Brother, or Hollyoaks. I don't care if you thought Saw 3D was the best film ever, but Casablanca boring (okay, that's a lie, but you get the point).

Ultimately I don't care about many superfluous elements to your life because I care so much for you. Yes you. You are human. You are a human being of wonderful diversity and potential. Yes you. Yup, the one reading this right now. You.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love it bro.

    Do you wanna do a guest post on my blog? Could be a monthly thing. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, absoluetly amazing!! Your writing draws me in so easily. You're very talented, keep it up!!
    - Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melissa. I wrote it as a mantra we can all hopefully use.

    Bro, I would love to do a guest post on your blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stunning and so much to learn.
    I love it and I must say, I kinda love you too :p
    Keep writing.
    It is a pleasure to read.
    A real joy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kinda love you back. :)
    Thank you. I'm glad people can get something meaningful from it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - thank you

    It's also how God loves me (and all other humans) - unconditionally

    If only we could love others in the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing Tom. This is how every human being I know wants to be embraced and loved... xxx Naseem

    ReplyDelete