Thursday 14 April 2011

Transparent


I wonder if I'm too honest about my emotions at times. My feelings surge through me like a powerful force and I need to get them out. I need others to hear, like the world is a sympathetic bartender listening to the trials and tribulations of a late night patron.

But is there too much openness? Should we hold ourselves back?

A friend asked me earlier why I am single. She said she couldn't understand how I don't have a girlfriend. She said she bet I would treat a girl the best any girl could be treated and I would make them feel so, so special. I was very flattered and did actually say how past partners have remarked how lovingly I treated them.

"Why are you still single then?" asked my confused friend.

I wondered if I was too open and caring. I wondered if we're programmed to take second best and believe we don't deserve a scenario that is wonderfully beautiful. Does my unconditional love and desire to make someone feel like the most beautiful girl in the world, who the sun rises and sets with, go against out natural propensity to think the worst (or mediocre at best) is what we truly deserve?

I will never want to be anything else. I will always be an open book. I will always seek to give my all to a girl, so that she knows she is truly loved. The world is too superficial, cynical and suspicious. I will always aim to be truthful, loving and adoring.

5 comments:

  1. I often find myself along the same train of thought.But honestly, no, I don't think we can be 'too open' and too caring. I think if anything, the world lacks an openness and an authenticity because SO many people are afraid of showing their true feelings. Because that would make them vulnerable.
    But I think having the ability to be open makes a person quite a lovely person to be around. It means they are trustworthy and it means they have a sense of self.
    By the way - I really enjoy your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, see that's what I thought. I guess it becomes too easy to think you're fantastical to think people can be open with each other.

    Why should we hide ourselves away? I love to be vulnerable even though I'm used to pain more often than not.

    I love your blog too. :) Incredible photos. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ask myself the same questions a LOT.
    I relate to all you say, and I also feel the way you do.
    I think that degree of self acceptance, breeds a degree of self esteem and that is incredibly positive.
    We are who we are, and I think the fact we can be so open, needs to be seen in a good light.

    My hesitations in writing stem from my desire to be a therapist.
    I wonder at times if I should 'hold back.'
    I have been knocked before for being too open.
    And yet, my ability to be true to myself, is hopefully what will be one of my biggest assets when I do finally set up practice.
    Keep being you, keep being true to yourself, and know, that your beautiful prose and honesty is so enlightening to read xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right and your openness and honesty (so reflected in your blogging) will be refreshing for those seeking guidance and healing.

    I guess it's a minority thing to be so open, but you are right, it is a good thing and will hopefully encourage others to remove their masks at times.

    Thank you.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is so important to be our authentic selves, living authentic lives in what can be a very fake society. Authenticity and openness are perhaps different though. We don't have to give all of ourselves 'away' to everyone we meet, there is still beauty in mystery; authentic mystery.
    But we should strive never to be fake. Transparency is good. If people don't love you for you the that's their loss of love.
    I think me and you bro are very similar in that we wear our hearts on our sleves. But only a select few have I taken it off my sleeve and actually given it to...

    ReplyDelete