Wednesday 30 March 2011

All You Need is Love


So, next question to answer:
Have you ever been in love?

Yes.

I have discovered different types of love, in regards to my relationships. I am currently going through a divorce. It's painful, but not spiteful. Abi and I separated mutually and now wish the best for each other in our future lives of love. When I married Abi I was overwhelmed with joy and love and wanted to make sure I could give her a wonderful life. I wanted to look after her and keep her safe. I cried with joy during our vows.

We realised we were never meant to be husband and wife forever. I don't regret marrying Abi as my love for her was real. Our marriage helped us both to understand a bit more about who we were and who we can be. We were (and still are) great friends. It would be too simplistic to say we have a deep love for each other as friends. It's very unique what we have shared. Not many couples can marry and divorce with so little animosity and so much love and respect at the end of it.

I love Abi. I'm not in love with Abi.

Are you currently in love?

Yes. Very much so. But I am single still. It's a scary feeling because it bombards you and strips away all barriers and masks. Being deeply in love makes you extremely vulnerable. It's beautiful. It's also very painful.

Being in love means there are no agendas. It's unconditional. She's perfect just the way she is. You don't love her 'if' she does this and 'because' she does that. You simply love her. You love her even if she doesn't love you in return. Love isn't conditional, which makes it so pure, so simple and such an enigma.

Future love?

I would adore to know the answer to this. What I do know is I have learnt how I feel very much defined by being able to love someone and also receiving their love. The world is full of useless clutter, which weighs us down and makes us feel worthless and tired. The simple beauty of being able to hold someone, kiss her, make love to her, talk with her, say nothing at all even - these bring happiness and contentedness. Buildings will crumble, money will be realised as worthless and technology will be rejected. Love will never die.

2 comments:

  1. I totally get it, keep writing, your honesty is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. :) I always think we're too scared to be honest sometimes.

    ReplyDelete