Saturday 25 June 2011

What's Your Story?

What's your story?

Is your story one told by others? Is your journey one dictated by the words and actions of another? Is your life lived through the lens which is not your own? Are you like a puppet on a string, unable to dance to your own tune; unable to walk the path you want to walk?

It's time to tell a different story. It's time to open the pages of your own book and write the poetical verses of what make you the person you are.

I have lived too long believing the wrong things. Seeing my reflection in a cracked mirror. The image of me distorted and jagged. I have hated my reflection and not believed I am worth loving or worth living at times. I have cut myself, hurt myself, berated myself. I have been obsessed with the thirst for knowledge. Somehow, the more I know will unlock the bolted door to self love and self worth. I have been in a race with myself as if my time is running out and I'll end up a failure and a disappointment.

But wait. This is not my story. This is not who I am. I am a person of great potential. I already have a wonderful story to tell. My life has physical and emotional scars. These scars tell a story though. As story of fighting for what I am truly worth. A story of perseverance and persistence.

My story is one of hope and expectation; of what dreams may come; of the fire in my eyes and the "smile which lifts people's hearts and lights up a room." My imagination and my dreams tell me I am someone who is worth loving and worth fighting for. My Life's Pages are being written with the dare to dream and seek a life of utter joy and serenity.

What's your story?

Let it be one of hope. Let it be written by you. Cut the strings - do not be another's puppet. Be who you were created to be. Wonderful. Unique. Beautiful. Bold. Loved. Loving. Cared for. Caring.

May the shards of the mirror restore into a clear reflection of you and may you love what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment