Thursday 5 May 2011

Unconditional, Gritty Love

Unconditional love is brutal, messy, gritty, tough and uncompromising. Unconditional love means complete vulnerability and openness to absolute pain. Unconditional love does not flinch in the face of honesty, but rather embraces it and opens its eyes wide for the shards of emotional glass too, to fly in your face and tear your eyes to pieces.

My therapist said she was scared for me after I spoke about unconditional love. She was worried for me about the implications of how open I leave myself. She wondered if we need to guard ourselves, protect ourselves.

I see love as brutally beautiful; distinctly dangerous; enticingly enchanting. It's all or nothing for me. I will give my all, take the whirlwind and be carried away in its force until I am left battered, bruised and torn to pieces in its aftermath.

Unconditional love bleeds on you and leaves no room for sentimentality. Unconditional love is beautiful because it makes you dig deep into your scars and say, "This is me."

I don't care about social norms. I don't care about how we should live as drones in proper society. I will struggle my way through what is 'right' so I can love with no boundaries, no expectations and with absolute integrity.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, did you just visit my brain?
    Seriously xxxx
    Be good to YOU and keep writing.
    I truly hope it is lifting some of the pain xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be good to me xx

    I don't know if it's lifting the pain. I think it's more sifting the pain, if that makes sense...

    ReplyDelete