Wednesday 4 May 2011

Overcrowded Mind

Ever feel like your mind is overcrowded so you can't process thoughts? I couldn't sleep last night and an image ran through my mind. It was of me standing in a room which was overcrowded. I was trying to get past the people to get to the exit, but had to squeeze and barge my way through. I was unable find the way out though. I am sometimes overwhelmed with thoughts and ideas I can't find the right outlet.

It goes with my emotions too. As I sit here, I am bubbling with various emotions. Trying to focus them is a bit tricky. Love, restlessness, hope, doubt, pessimism, sadness, expectation. It's great to be human because we are all walking contradictions.

I'm not sorry for being rather intense at times and rather manic at others. I'm not sorry for thinking too much or over analyzing situations. I'm not sorry because it is what I naturally do and how my mind functions. I cannot sweep over a situation; I want to take in the details and the tiny pieces which make it whole.

It causes my mind to be jumbled, at times, but my god it helps my creativity.

Peace. x

3 comments:

  1. Completely relate.
    I tried to explain that to my psychiatrist last week.
    And I think he totally didn't get it, though he tried.
    It is this constant noise in your head and it is like you don't even know what you are thinking, because you cannot slow your head down long enough to catch the thoughts.
    I guess that is how I find mania.
    I have no idea if that is what you were trying to describe and I totally have misunderstood you...
    And I love your intensity.
    It is nice to have another.
    One, who gets me xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your prayers and hugs. Life would be less rich if there were no hugs :)

    Sia: Yessss. That is exactly it. Constant noise and your mind moving too quickly. At times it feels almost out-of-body.

    I love how you get me too. Awesome. Much love. xx

    ReplyDelete