Monday 16 May 2011

The Tracks of my Tears


I cried twice yesterday. I haven't cried in a little while, so it was cathartic to cry. I cried for different but similar reasons. My first tears of the day were of joy. Joy in seeing others in love and joy in how wonderful it is when two hearts connect, when two people combine, when two people dance through life in time.

My other tears were tears of pain and sadness. I cried from losing the one you love and knowing you'll never be with that person again. I cried for the first time about it in ages. I thought no more tears would be shed. It was only a tiny thing, a small reminder - a fleeting memory. The mind is so powerful and evocative. It scares me at times.

But the tears were real and sad. Nostalgic tears would be a good description.

Amazing how the same physical reaction can be caused by opposing emotional reactions. Complete happiness and complete sadness show the tracks of my tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment