Saturday 2 July 2011

Entwined

Stay with me a while and hold me near.
Listen as our hearts dance in unison,
Driving out the sadness and utter fear.
Our souls intrinsically entwined as one.

Don't walk into the night, wandering the darkness,
Drifting through the streets, a soul lost,
But wrap your arms around me and feel my breath,
As I kiss your neck and am transfixed by your touch.

Turn away from the door and turn your eyes to me,
Look deep into my eyes and be enchanted,
Because it is there where true love you'll see.
And the passionate fire blazes into your gaze.

Tremble at the touch of my hand my lover,
For these hands are for you alone.
I will marvel at your beauty forever,
And with you it seems the sun never goes down.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! How do you write such poetry? Does it flow from your soul or is it carved chip by chip from the unyielding yet perpetually enticing tongue that is English?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always from the heart.
    Always beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a bit of both Peter. A theme tumbles into my head and compels me to write. I do grapple with the words though because I want the words to truly reflect what I'm feeling.

    I try to write with a reflection of my life - which means it doesn't always come easily, but it is littered with the passion I have.

    Thank you Rach :) Much love.

    ReplyDelete