Sunday 10 July 2011

My Friends

I have friends who are really hurting at the moment. Friends who are dealing with very different situations, but still hurting from very real and raw situations.

Life is very much about perspective, but there are still constants which run through life and we all understand.

My beautiful friend (who has been in my life for many years) is grappling with a broken friendship. She is hurting and feeling confused. I must admit. I feel responsible for fueling the fire of how this friendship has broken down, but I also know friendships run deeper than that. This friendship has fractured and what strikes me is how grace and love is being withdrawn. It's like the friendship is being used as a means to withdraw and hide away from the world. My friend is desperate for the friendship to restore but is being closed out and rejected. Grace? No. We all hurt at times, but unconditional love surpasses everything.

My other dear friend is processing very difficult emotions and a situation which should never be judged. I trust her ability to handle it and know how far she can go with it. Ultimately, this is our life to live and we must walk its rugged path.

I just want them both to know I am there for them and love them. Always and forever. x

2 comments:

  1. You are always so wonderfully reassuring and beautiful, in all you say and do, and all who are in your world, are surely and truly blessed to be.
    Never let anyone take you for granted {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't my love. I used to let people take me for granted,but now it's different. It's different because of how I see myself and understand my self worth.

    xx

    ReplyDelete