Wednesday 6 July 2011

Exorcism


It's time to exorcise these demons; these cloudy, heavy intrusions,
They know it's time to flee my mind, for I'm no longer under their illusion.
They have wrapped their tails of deceit around the corridors of mind,
Weaving their black magic through the fabric of my sanity,
Injecting my life force with darkness, despair and futility.

Chained by contempt, I have writhed and wriggled to break free,
Determined not to be who they want me to be.
Their claws have curled around my fragile brain, digging in deep,
Drawing out blood and hope and infecting with the insane.

It's time to exorcise these demons, these hosts of hopelessness,
For in their place blasts through light not dread,
Giving my soul refreshment and hope instead.

Come to my mind beams of light and complete purity,
Enveloping me with warmth and love and serenity.
Wrap me in your wings and secure me in the knowledge of your peace,
For I am no longer navigated by destruction but I sing,
In the guiding, healing light you now bring,

3 comments:

  1. I Love it,Tom.For me writing poetry is both a catharsis and a means of exploration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. xxx Rach :)

    Yes Peter, I find poetry deeply cathartic. And it reaches into my mind.

    ReplyDelete