Sunday 10 July 2011

Blinded

I believe in the authenticity of human encounters, no matter how brief. I believe we can all be dazzled by others and our shared moments should never be disregarded. We can never tell where our futures will lead and what strange, ugly and beautiful things await us.

I also believe in integrity. And sometimes authentic human encounters can lack integrity. I have not always shown this trait and I don't hold many regrets, but lacking in integrity is one of them. I think we can be blinded in moments though and it allows core values to be ushered aside in place of the 'here and now.' We can convince ourselves we are acting true to who we are when,in fact, we are walking blindly, fumbling through the darkness; groping for anything we can get hold of to remain upright. Unfortunately we will then reach out for things which are toxic or facilitators to making the world darker so we are not confronting the reality of who we are and what we truly stand for.

I love having the light of my life bursting into my life. I love knowing I have integrity of emotion and am no longer staggering around in the dark. I am not lying to myself and am not pretending everything's "okay" when it's not.

I have many aspects to my life which I want to change and evolve. I am reaching for the stars. But I am reaching with peace in why I am and love for why I am. I am no longer blind. I am not grasping for anything near by, simply to hope it makes me happy. I know what I want for my life and I know what I can achieve.

I once was blind but now I can see.

2 comments:

  1. The fact this is about you, and YOUR journey is amazing and inspiring <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. What I love about this arena is how we all inspire each other. It's beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete