Thursday 4 October 2012

Choices

There are times when we have no choice; when our circumstances dictate that we have only one route to go and we must mange it as best we can.  Life, for that moment, is bound by one direction, one course of action.  There are moments though when we are faced with a choice, a decision, a life changing opportunity.  We walk to the fork in the road and have to decide.  It doesn't happen often, but when it does the pressure can be overwhelming.

I've had those moments and it's the utter uncertainty of which way to go that makes me really anxious.  I worry that one direction is the completely wrong direction.  I worry that walking one path will be detrimental to my life and I won't be able to fix it.  I will become trapped and unable to break free from a poor choice.

I know that's not the reality and, as humans, we are brilliantly able to adapt and change course with the will and ambition behind us.  But the worry that stepping down one path will be completely wrong can be crippling for me.

Facing choices at the moment is a real worry because I feel like I have made too many wrong decisions in the past and don't want to do another.  I want to trust my judgement; I want my gut to be right.

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment