Thursday 9 August 2012

World's Greatest

I haven't written for far too long. I've been caught up in trying to forge new paths, new journeys, new dreams. I've been looking at fulfilling a dream that has whispered in my ear for many years and it has always seemed a whisper; it has always appeared to be something I will never be able to do. There are many aspects why, but I guess most of the reasons have been a lack of belief and from that my motivation has been half-hearted. To open a restaurant appears to be a massive task and possibly beyond my reach, but then things changed and perspectives shifted.

When I met Carmen something significant struck me; she reminded me of the ambitions I used to fearlessly hold. She reminded me that if you want it, then you can get it; she reminded me that fears are usually unfounded. I used to have utter belief I would open a restaurant and by the age of 30 be extremely successful. I'm 31 and still have no restaurant. I meet Carmen and within 12 months of meeting her we have a new business plan, business name, menu, registered brand and have viewed over half a dozen properties as potential restaurants. In a matter of months we even found a place we thought was perfect, signed the papers and lost out at the last gasp to a higher bidder. In 6 months we have moved further than I have in 6 years.

Some of the world's greatest have pushed for their dream regardless of perceived obstacles and smashed through with utterly astounding results. Although we have no restaurant yet and we are still running at full speed toward those obstacles, those obstacles do not seem so daunting.

Carmen's love and encouragement is what I consider to be the world's greatest. We can do it; we can achieve it; we can live it. I love her for making me a better man and helping me realise my potential. She is my catalyst and I hope I am hers because I desire a world of greatness for her.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment