Wednesday 13 June 2012

Love Drives Out Fear



I believe in you. I don't doubt your ability to overcome those fears and anxieties. I don't doubt your integrity and desire to make things right. They are mistakes after all and I will never judge you; mistakes are not a breach of integrity. I have made many mistakes, but I know in my deepest being that I am still a man of integrity.

You might be gripped by fears and doubts, but those fears are not your master, your keeper, nor your identity. Do not allow the words and actions of others to define you, for what they have done is actually a mark of their insecurities, not yours. We are in a world of fear; open the newspaper and you will see. We are told that we will be bombed, mugged, raped, stolen from, deceived and walked over every day. We are told the world is falling apart. We are told to be scared. Yes, the world is currently fragile and economies are in strife. Yes, fundamentalists want disrupt harmony and impose their ideals and self-righteousness on us, but have they not throughout history?

The key is to remember that if you love others, respect others and give unconditionally then you are sowing a goodness into the world that drives away fear and loathing. Do not become a pawn of a society which wants to breed fear. Do not become a product of a culture that wants you to live in fear and doubt. Be true to you and stand firm in your belief that love wins.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment