Wednesday 22 August 2012

I Am Free

I was talking to some friends the other day who struggle with depression and each day is a battle and calls for strength from others around them to help them and guide them.  What struck me was when we started talking about medication;  medication is a two edged sword, it is helpful, but can become an obsession.  The medication I was on was so useful and so beneficial to my recovery, but I knew it was also something I wasn't sure I could do without.

I am now medication free and it is wonderful to be drug free and stable. It took me a little while to adjust and know I was 'normal' after being so long on medication, but now I know I am in a good place and happy!   What struck me was talking to my friends and the medication they are on - I was on so much more.  My transition from medication to prescription free is a miracle.  I have moved from really heavy medication to being completely free and I know that is wonderful.

I will not take for granted the joy of being free from the darkness and depression and desolation. I will not be complacent about how  I am feeling so good and risk it.  My mind is fragile and my life balances on a knife edge, so it is important that I embrace the road before me.

I went from utter despair to a palace of peace and light - I will live in this palace with joy and light and life.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment