Saturday 9 June 2012

Tom 'The Dreamer'


I've been mulling over where I am in life and what I have achieved.  I've known people to define me as a 'dreamer' and say that I'm a nice guy but ultimately I dream a lot, but nothing ever really happens.  I say a lot but do little.  I think they're right.

Okay, I have a degree, have seen quite a lot of the world and worked in various jobs gaining lots of experience, but I have never achieved the two things I dream of:

Getting published and opening a restaurant.

I need to finish my book and although I'm slowly getting there, I could be getting there much quicker.  I have had the chance to write loads tonight and yet I have barely written anything.  I know my book (so far) is good and definitely publishable, but I need to get myself into gear and finish it.  Is it a case of Tom the dreamer starting something and never finishing it?

I have talked about opening my own restaurant for ten years now and still nothing has happened.  Am I kidding myself?  Am I all talk?  I've been thinking recently that yes I am.

I don't want to get into the trap of living in the horrible void of boredom and banality.  I don't want to be that person who drifts through life without ever facing fears, reaching for dreams and going for something that seems impossible, but does it anyway.

I know the key to it is, quite frankly, me.  It is up to me to get these dreams and thrust them into reality,  It is up to me to turn away from the comfort of familiarity and step forth into the darkness knowing the blinding light of achievement will burst through at any moment.

Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment