Tuesday 5 June 2012

What Dreams May Come


I dreamt last night that it was about 18 months ago.  I was in the middle of doing self harm again and my world was collapsing around me.  I woke up in a cold sweat and had to re-orientate myself and find comfort from my surroundings and the girl I love next to me, sleeping peacefully.

It wasn't dreaming about self harming that particularly disturbed me, but my mental state.  In the dream I am confused and crying and unable to put together coherent thoughts.  I am a complete mess and tumbling down a rather dark hole. It was scary.

But, I am no longer self harming; I am no longer in a place of despair; I am no longer drowning in darkness.  I have physical scars and emotional scars, but those scars remind me I am alive and I am healing.

If you have dreams that plunge you into darkness, may you know the comfort of the dawn.
If you are scarred and ashamed of what those scars represent, may you know the soothing presence of healing.
If you are anxious and afraid, may you find peace and the fear driven away.

No comments:

Post a Comment