Wednesday 19 October 2011

When Did You?

When did you become a thief, since it was I who dared to steal your heart?  In my distraction of winning that precious love of yours, I did not see you gracefully glide in and sweep me away.  I am overwhelmed and impressed by the subtlety of your seduction.  It has surprised me; it has surpassed expectations; it has knocked me sideways.

When did you become this woman of great depth and intrigue?  Forgive me for underestimating you and the richness of life you bring me.  Forgive me for assuming so much, when about you I knew so little.  I am diving deeper and deeper into the waters of your world.  I am discovering beautiful delights behind every twist and turn; it is a journey of excitement and passion.

When did I become this man of contentment and serenity?  In my world of frantic energy, fuzzy perspective and flawed judgement, I failed to see what I truly was and can be.  How did you know?  How did you see so quickly and scarily accurately?  I sleep and eat and talk and laugh and 'be.'  The simplest parts to life have become the richest with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment