Monday 9 September 2013

Love of Integrity


The constant rain is 'pit-patting' outside the window and it reminds me, my lover, of the ceaseless, life giving love you have for me.  Just as plants yearn for the rain to quench their thirst and they almost stretch out to take in the refreshing moisture, as do I stretch out for your love.  

It's wonderful to know you are in love.  We can deceive ourselves time after time and think we are in love when, in fact, we are simply desperate to be in love and cling on to anyone we can find.  Infatuation, lust, obsession and desire cloud our minds and real love is left languishing.  

Real love is a foundation to build on; real love weathers the storm and stands firm in adversity; real love says no to whimsy but yes to integrity.  So often we walk away because it doesn't fit with the way we think it should be or our selfish preconceptions demand it should be; real love understands sacrifice and that life isn't controlled by an invisible script writer.  The right words don't always come; grandiose acts of love and affection don't always happen; happily ever after takes more than 90 minutes to achieve.  

I may not be the perfect man, I may not always say the right thing, sometimes I will say hurtful things, sometimes I will not be the man I should be, but I will always be the man who loves you.  

Our love has been built on truth, integrity, passion and perseverance.  In you I have found one who knows what struggle is and has a great depth of character.  In you I see a woman whose eyes understand pain, but also understands joy.  In you I see a woman who will passionately fight for what is right and will vehemently fight against what is wrong. 

 In you I have found me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment