Thursday 7 March 2013

Nightmares

Wowzers.  I woke up this morning after having had two nightmares.  They were pretty messed up dreams and involved blood, insanity and murder.  Those kind of intense dreams where you feel utterly helpless completely knocked me off balance for the entire day.  I regularly have very vivid dreams and usually they're exciting but these ones were disturbing and flooded me with anxiety.

I can never forget that I am vulnerable and need the support of those around me because the mind is a powerful thing and dominates who we are.

Carmen and I are juggling a lot at the moment and I know that with being pulled in many directions my mind is trying to process that.  I don't want to take too much on but to chase your dreams I think you have to run through fire to get there.  Getting burned is part of the process and I hope it refines me and make me stronger and more astute.  Two years ago I would never have been able to do some of what I am doing now and that comforts me because I am stronger.

I think and analyse too much sometimes and I definitely need to give my mind a rest at times because I can be pretty intense; the thing is though, that is what makes me Tom and if I wasn't this way I would probably be a bit of a shell - a zombie shuffling through life.

Let us be thankful of the opportunities we have and the ones we miss because at least we had those opportunities.  Also, never let our fears and nightmares cripple us because, after all, dreams can never hurt us.

Peace.  X

No comments:

Post a Comment