Tuesday 16 August 2011

How Far Should We Go?

How far do we go with others in regards to guiding them? My life has been a roller coaster for a while and I know I gave others permission and validation to act as means of guidance and support when I was unable to see the light through the inky blackness.

I am now stable, happy and filled with an essence of clarity. I know where I am going. I know what I want. I know what is good for me and what is toxic. I will avoid toxic people and environments. I do not need them or it.

Of course, some people in my life will find it hard to believe I am stable and happy and see my decisions and actions as marred. They will see what I do as clouded and under the influence of unclear thinking and a need to destruct. The sparkle in my eyes and the shift in my moods and behaviour proves otherwise though, so I am confident in who Tom is.

What do I do though when I see people's lives which I see heading down the wrong path? My initial response is to let them walk down that path, for it is theirs to walk, not mine. I feel it is important for us, as human beings, to be able to fall down and as we pick ourselves up again, gain insight into why we tumbled. I am not a dictator and I am not controlling. Therefore I wouldn't feel I have integrity in trying to pull people away from something I see as bad. BUT, is there a moment when we should step in? Is there a moment, when someone may not have the clarity to make a sound decision and needs another to do it for them?

I will never judge because how dare I? I will be concerned though...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to read you're doing much better. God Bless you!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Melissa. Yes, I am in a really good place. It's lovely! :)

    I hope you're doing better too. xx

    ReplyDelete