Thursday 14 February 2013

The One I Love

In this world of instants and Hollywood-esque desires, always remember that love is patient and love is kind.  My love for you is enduring because it doesn't need flashy gestures or one time gestures.  The love I have for you lasts because it hurts to thinks of a world without you and it gives me strength to remember that you inhabit my world and I inhabit yours and we are on a journey of redemption together.

Redemption?

Yes, because love is like a saviour.  When you love someone and they love you it is life giving and breathes new energy and life in dusty and tired bones.  I was deeply depressed and felt lonely and in a place of darkness.  Knives and nooses were my friends and death appeared to be seductive.  Through love I found new life and new hope.

Your love was part of that.  Your love gave me courage.  Your love slotted into that wonderful journey of healing.

When I see you I see kindness and caring.  I see a girl of passionate desire to give and keep on giving.  I see a girl who knows what it means to hurt and therefore strives to give love and compassion.  I see someone who will never fail to give up on me and sees the potential I have when I don't see it.

I see and feel that tender touch and that soft kiss.

I feel that warmth of affection that sends shivers down my spine.  A beautiful paradox.

I see you.

I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment