Tuesday 21 September 2010

Pretend(tious)



Let's be pretend(tious)
we like to feel important
And so, so delicious.

Take my pretence and take it as truth,
Because you would leap off a roof
for me as my words are so convincing.
Grow up, weren't you even listening?

You bore me with you words and platitudes.
They grate on me I wish I could be more rude
to you and show you the lack of vocabulary
you hold and filter off in my ears as dreary.

Give me some poems and famous rhymes
and I'll mould them into loving lyrics
which make you think of far better times.
But remember what you say makes me sick.

Let's be pretend(tious) and dream of what if
about a world we don't consume or miss.
But, wait, here's reality and your lies and shit,
So pretentiousness is the heart bullet that really hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment